Hidden cameras or hidden cameras are always haunting when you rent a hostel or hotel. Everything about your privacy is turned secretly and bad guys can use the image to spread on the Internet or ask for ransom. We don’t need radio scanners to find hidden cameras. You can use some of the tips below to detect a hidden camera in a room
Ways to find hidden cameras in your room
1. Pull the curtains, turn off all the lights in the room. Close your eyes for 5 seconds and let your eyes get used to the dark then look at places you suspect. If there is a camera it will have a small red light emitting it. Those are normal sneaky cameras. As for the more genuine ones, there will be another way below.
2. Cameras can be hidden behind glass panels in bedrooms. Use your fingertips to rest at the right angle of the glass surface. If the reflection is at a distance from the fingernail tip, it is normal glass. If the fingernail is close to the reflection, 95% of the glass is one-way glass and there is a possibility of a hidden camera behind it.
3. The hidden cameras usually connect to the Wi-Fi network to transmit the recording content, so scanning and checking if there are any cameras connected to the current hotel Wi-Fi network. can be seen as a solution to determine the existence of hidden camera.
To do this, you can use an app called Fing (Android | iOS). This is a free application, which will help list fully the devices that are connected to the Wi-Fi network that your smartphone is using, where the application will clearly list which camera is connected to the Wi-Fi network. or not.
4. If you find that a suspicious camera appears in the Fing app, the next step you can use is an application called Hidden Camera Detector (Android | iOS). This is an application that scans for suspicious locations to find out if there is a hidden camera.
Download free app compatible with Android 5.0 and above. Hidden Camera Detector will use magnetic sensors on smartphones to determine the location of hidden cameras. Users can bring smartphones close to suspicious locations in the hotel room, such as a vase, dressing mirror, wall corner, corner of the cabinet… the magnetic sensor on the smartphone will emit a “beep” sound if magnetic coming from hidden camera.
5. If you often go to work far away, equip yourself with a device capable of scanning camera sneakily. These devices usually scan the digital stage. RF detection frequency from 1MHz to 6.5GHz for all RF frequencies including GSM, WIFI, Bluetooth, FM, VHF, UHF, 900/1200/2400 wireless audio and video.
How to detect Hidden Camera you can do it yourself
Step 2: Turn off all the lights to make the room as dark as possible, then use the phone to open the camera and scan all corners if there is strange light somewhere, there is a hidden camera. Because there are many cameras that can shoot in the dark.
Step 3: If you turn on the wifi but have a long name wifi but like a code with letters with meaningless numbers, the camera is hidden.
Step 4: If you stay overnight at the hotel, pay special attention to unusual objects placed around the bedroom or bathroom such as lighters, flower pots, scented wax boxes or bedside flower pots. These places usually have many cameras.
Step 5: Put your finger in the mirror, if your nails with the nail mirror image in the mirror are touching each other, is a 2-way mirror, while the distance between the two nails, it is a 1-way mirror. A 2-way mirror means that the person in the next room can see me, but I can’t.
Step 6: Stand in the calling room without signal / interference -> hidden camera.
Step 7: The hidden cameras are usually connected to Wifi to transmit recorded content, so you can download the Fing app to display the list of devices that are connected to the Wifi. It will clearly list which camera is connected to Wifi or not.
Step 8: If you find a hidden camera, you can use the Hidden Camera Detector app to be sure. It is an application that scans suspicious locations to find hidden cameras. When using it, we should bring the device close to the suspicious positions that we mentioned above, if it emits a “Beep” sound -> there is a hidden camera.
Step 9: When going to the public toilets, you should wear a mask, wear a hat and cover carefully so that in case the worst case happens, at least your identity will be protected.